- Intention: do no harm and deal with it, life and business has no guarantees and no permanence;
- Lead with questions, not answers to gain understanding (not manipulation);
- Engage in dialogue and debate, not coercion, collusion, or control;
- Conduct pre and post autopsies, without blame, no finger-pointing, instead lend a hand;
- Build in red-flag mechanisms into meetings, conferences, workshops to monitor escalate the issues;
- Choose the right attitude: What you bring and focus on is where you go, mind your attitude, never give up in resolving the truthful facts in the interest of business or group goals;
- It’s an iterative process, there is "no silver bullet;"
- Test and evaluate facilitation methods and models that work;
- Confronting brutal facts is always context driven and individualised; if you think you already know the answer to process the outcome you have just broken facilitation boundaries; always question and re-question;
- Beware of using the same old text book frameworks and models, they don’t always hold up. Keep aware. Innovate.
Got a brutal facts discussion that has to happen? Need a hand? What’s the cost of not getting a professional in?
Let us help you do it. A professional facilitator shows you the skills in action, giving you the confidence to do it yourself.
Inspiring People, Inspiring Business, Inspiring Results
© Copyright 2008 -2014