I have yet to work on project or coach a workplace team where the underlying root cause of all problems hasn’t been related to people, process and roles and their responsibilities.
I have also observed the following to be true. That is, there are at least 6 basic human needs to help with people in projects or people going through workplace change. What I have found is that employees look for:
This isn’t always easy to find for the employee when you have limited power or influence. Think about it from the employee’s perspective.
As a manager or business leader there will be tests. It's not always about the mark you achieve its learning and applying the process. Lasting results requires continuous action. Habitual actions lead to be progress. Research also shows that people who have well-formed goals, written down are more likely to achieve those who do not. Up to 95% more likely.
Coaching Challenge for Frustrated and Fed Up workplace managers, supervisors or leaders.
1. What might you be contributing to the workplace situation that causes others frustration?
2. How are you helping the workplace team address the 6 basic human needs?
3. Who in the workplace needs more of your assistance?
4. How will you measure your contribution in assisting others in their success?
5. To be more effective than you currently are at work what will you do more of?
6. To be more effective than you currently are at work what will you do less of?
Okay, break it down into:
1. What behaviours need to change?
2. What attitudes need to change?
3. What thoughts need to change?
4. What processes need to change?
Imagine if you had on your own coach to help you or your team achieve greater success.
- What might be the outcome?
- What would that outcome give you?
- What is holding you back from getting a coach?
Inspiring People, Inspiring Business, Inspiring Results
© Copyright 2008 - 2012