I was asked via the blog to make more resources available on Quality. What a huge task. So I’m making an effort this week to do so with this months blog. I hope that you find it useful. Tell me if you do or if you don’t. l’ll start from simple then move to complex as the blog grows. So make sure you subscribe to rss feeds.
In our company we operate business processes to deliver quality. That is, the customer gets what the customer needs based on their business requirements and based on what they perceive value to be.
I’ll be transparent and start off with the basics. I have a background as Quality Manager managing healthcare accreditation, service delivery, innovation and a long background in the human service industry.
Quality is the core to our success. Our mantra is, less is more. Our business is not going to be all things to all customers. That’s fine, it’s just not the way we do business. We will take a share of business out there and service you, our customer to the quality you expect. We all have a choice, that’s the one we made.
What makes sense to our business is that our business is like a wheel of the car.
Sometimes it moves slow, other times not all and sometimes very quickly. I accept that it’s my responsibility as the driver. Our business wheel has defined spokes. Imagine a wheel on your car. Essentially the wheel moves forward when the engine is running and fuelled. Yes I know… wheels can go backwards, I know. That’s not the direction our gears are in. Central to the wheel is the business engine.
I’ll be truthfully honest, the whole car needs tune ups and servicing to keep in order. How far between tune ups is depending on driving conditions and so on…
So, yes…our business gets regular tune ups, check-ups, and inspections. The wheels need balancing, aligning and tyres need changing.
Our business wheel has four major components.
1. Commitment to excellence
2. Build a culture around service
3. Business principles
4. Measurement of the important things
Our company has 12 business principles or spokes we consider important to delivering a quality business, they are our enablers:
1. Focus on customer and employee satisfaction
2. Create and develop leaders and employees
3. Build and enable individual accountability
4. Align behaviours and attitudes with goals and values
5. Communicate at all levels, timely, effectively and appropriately
6. Recognise and reward success continuously
7. Connect, share, learn, and improve continuously
8. Innovate to make a difference by helping others succeed in their goals
9. Research and develop new ideas to provide the best evidence based services
10. Deliver fair, equitable and ethical services
11. Provide socially and environmentally responsible services
12. Deliver sustainable solutions and services
Our company focuses on Performance Results, we focus on 6 key areas
Core to our business is our engine, that is... it is maintained and fuelled by 4 key drivers
- Who in the organisational leadership is not focussing on quality?
- What is being done about that?
- If they did focus on quality what might happen?
- How can you positively influence a better outcome?
- When will you do that?
Inspiring People, Inspiring Business, Inspiring Results
© Copyright 2008-12