We use and recommend the Team Managements Systems Preference Profile as a robust and accurate instrument to measure work preferences and ways of relating with others, how decisions are made, how things are organised and how pepole like to give and receive information.
The personal Team Management Profile (TMP) highlights an individual's major and two related areas of work preferences on the Margerison-McCann Team Management Wheel.
TMS profile outline
- Reporter-Adviser- Supporter, helper, tolerant; A collector of information; Dislikes being rushed; Knowledgeable; Flexible
- Creator-Innovator - Imaginative; Future-oriented; Enjoys complexity; Creative; Likes research work
- Explorer-Promoter - Persuader, "seller"; Likes varied, exciting, stimulating work; Easily bored; Influential and outgoing
- Assessor-Developer - Analytical and objective; Developer of ideas; Enjoys prototype or project work; Experimenter
- Thruster-Organizer - Organizes and implements; Quick to decide; Results-oriented; Sets up systems; Analytical
- Concluder-Producer - Practical; Production-oriented; Likes schedules and plans; Pride in reproducing goods and services; Values effectiveness and efficiency
- Controller-Inspector - Strong on control; Detail-oriented; Low need for people contact; An inspector of standards and procedures
- Upholder-Maintainer - Conservative, loyal, supportive; Personal values important; Strong sense of right and wrong; Work motivation based on purpose
The ease of this assessment is it only takes about 20-30 minutes to complete on-line.
It's a proven fast and accurate way of assessing and predicting work preferences. It benefits you by understanding your preferences, or lack of, to choose more suitable types of work, modify your own expectations or by sharing results across a team to get a better fit. People, perform better at what they prefer. The data can be used to get a group dialogue occurring and to make team changes.
TMS is used by over a million people in leading organisations (ANZ, Sony, Mobil Oil, American Express, BHP Billiton to name a few),
- Translated into 20 languages
- Applied by people from over 160 countries worldwide
- Extensively researched, and research and translation programs are ongoing
A simple, practical and research-based system to:
- Improve the productivity of any team
- Identify and manage critical tasks
- Generate engagement and harness the talent of the team
- Create a common language that can cut through inherent differences
RELEVANT Developed with and for leaders and their teams
FOCUSED Helps individuals and teams to maximise their potential
PROVEN Twenty years ongoing validated research into what makes high-performing teams
IMMEDIATE Can be understood and used by everyone straight away
MEMORABLE Sophisticated information presented in simple visual models
POSITIVE Non-threatening: all about strengths, mutual respect and constructive relationships
FLEXIBLE For individuals, teams and organisations
After completing the assessment online, the client receives a 5000 word report outling preferences and areas that assist them to be more aware of their own communication styles and that of others. It often becomes the way of breaking down barriers and deepening emotional intelligence in a team.
For more information please contact us.
Inspiring People, Inspiring Business, Inspiring Results
© Copyright 2008 -12