Have you noticed how many workplaces struggle with implementing change correctly. Unfortunately this impacts on the bottom line, customer service and workplace culture.
Dealing with resistance to change will be one of your greatest barriers and greatest successes.
Research repeatedly tells us that change initiatives fail due to poor planning and most of all poor change sponsorship.
Resilience in the knowledge worker economy is key to your change management success.
Our company provides both consultancy and faciliation to assist organisational and workplace change programs.
Some of the most common errors that I have found when consulting in transforming teams, services and an organisation are that they have:
- Allowed too much complacency,
- Failed to create a sufficiently powerful guiding coalition,
- Underestimated the power of vision,
- Under communicated the vision by a factor of 10x-100x,
- Permitted obstacles to block the new vision,
- Failed to create short-term wins,
- Declared victory too soon,
- Neglected to anchor changes firmly in the corporate culture.
Here are my thoughts on the critical success factors in managing your organisational change, trust me, so many people fail to use a process. At least start with a process by addressing these key issues:
- Define the purpose
- Prepare a business case and project plan
- Define the role of the sponsor/s
- Manage human resource and industrial relations issues
- Establish consultation and communication processes
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis
- Acquire and develop change agent skills
- Identify and develop plans for managing risks/threats
- Develop evaluation strategies
We improve your change initiatives providing options to suit you including:
- practical change management training
- change management planning
- change management implementation
- change management coaching
- change management tools, assessments, templates and resources
- supporting teams in transition
- assisting leadership transform the business.
Inspiring People, Inspiring Business, Inspiring Results
© Copyright 2012